inter v : place in a grave or tomb; "Stalin was buried behind the Kremlin wall on Red Square"; "The pharaos were entombed in the pyramids"; "My grandfather was laid to rest last Sunday" [syn: bury, entomb, inhume, lay to rest] [also: interring, interred]
- The spellings intering (for interring) and intered (for interred) exist as well, but are much less common.
Inter can refer to:
- To inter a body is to place it in a grave or tomb; see burial.
- Inter- is a Latin prefix meaning "between", among, or "within a group".
- F.C. Internazionale Milano, (nicknamed Inter) is an Italian football club.
- Internacional, also nicknamed Inter, a Brazilian football club.
- F.C. International Turku, a Finnish football club.
- FK Inter Bratislava, a Slovak football club.
- NK Inter Zaprešić, a Croatian football club.
- Internacional Limeira, another Brazilian football club.
- Inter Luanda, an Angolan football club.
- FC Inter Baku, an Azerbaijani football club
- Inter Club d'Escaldes, an Andorran football club
- Ukrainian TV-channel Inter.
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico.
- A person who identifies as an intersexual may refer to themselves as such.
inter in Spanish: Inter
inter in Esperanto: Inter
inter in French: Internacional
inter in Dutch: Inter
inter in Japanese: インテル (曖昧さ回避)
inter in Polish: Inter
inter in Portuguese: Internacional
inter in Finnish: Inter
inter in Swedish: Inter (flera betydelser)